Good 'n' Tasties
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, egg, milk, orange peel and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins, walnuts, apple, carrots and coconut. Spread dough into prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.