Gooey Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in flour and salt. Press dough evenly into prepared pan to form a crust.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crust. Place pan in oven for 1 minute. Spread chocolate chips evenly over crust. Sprinkle with toffee bits and nuts. Cool 15 minutes. Cut while still warm. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.