Grandpa Would Have Loved These Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 7 to 8 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 oz.) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick oats, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 325ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at low speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk and vanilla extract, mixing well after each addition. Beat in pudding mix just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup oats, coconut, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Mix until blended. Stir in remaining 1 cup oats, regular and mini chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges and slightly moist in center.
- COOL 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.