Granny's Cherry Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups fresh pitted red tart cherries
- OR 3 1/2 cups frozen dry pack pitted red tart cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Do not bake.
- COMBINE sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, cherries and almond extract in bowl. Mix well. Spoon into unbaked pie shell. Drizzle with melted butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes, covering crust edge with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool until barely warm or to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 61mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.