Grinning Green Monster Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12
- 1 pouch Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vibrant Green Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vibrant Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting, divided
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 10 drops green food color
- Various candies for decoration such as red fruit roll-up, ring-shaped white peppermint hard candies, semi-sweet chocolate chips, rectangular white candy coated chewing gum, peelable red licorice, red gumdrops
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and egg whites to make 1 (8-inch) round cake. Cool completely on wire rack.
- FROST top and sides of cake with 1 cup green frosting.
- COMBINE coconut and food color in small resealable plastic bag; seal. Shake bag to evenly tint coconut. Sprinkle over cake. Use fruit roll-up and gum to create smile shape. Place on cake. Place remaining frosting in small heavy duty plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Pipe several small mounds in eye area. Arrange lifesavers on top of mounds to resemble several eyes. Pipe oval of frosting onto face under eyes. Place chocolate chips in center of eyes. Add 2 flattened gumdrops to nose to resemble nostrils. Cut licorice into pieces and peel to resemble hair. Insert into forehead. Add additional accents, as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of recipe), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 35g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.