Ham and Asparagus Strata
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 59 min
- Ready Time: 1440 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 10 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 pound ham, cubed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, woody stems removed, each stalk cut into 4 pieces
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- SPRAY a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- BRUSH both sides of bread slices with melted shortening; cut bread into cubes. Place cubes in prepared baking dish.
- PLACE cubed ham on top of bread cubes. Top with asparagus pieces.
- MIX together remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Uncover strata; bake 60 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/6 of recipe), Calories 710 (Calories from Fat 410), Total Fat 45g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 385mg, Sodium 1870mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 10g), Protein 41g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 50%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.