Ham and Cheddar Scones with Rosemary Cherry Sauce
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 16 scones
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups Smucker's® Cherry Preserves, (from 2 12-oz. jars)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, mix flour and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper. With pastry blender (or 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Stir in ham, cheese and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary; mix well. Stir in 1 cup of the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons water just until moistened. Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; gently knead 2 to 3 times. Divide dough in half; pat each into 6-inch round and place on cookie sheet. Cut each round into 8 wedges; place wedges 1 inch apart.
- Brush scones with remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix preserves, remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Serve with warm scones.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 serving), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.