Sparkling Orange Cake Poppers
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Orange All Star™ Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange decorator sugar
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Orange All Star™ Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 36 mini muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and egg whites. Divide evenly into prepared mini muffin cups.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- WHISK powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl until smooth. Place decorator sugar in small cup. Dip tops of cake poppers in glaze mixture, scraping off excess on side of bowl. Dip tops into decorator sugar to coat. Place orange frosting in decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe small swirl on top of each cake popper. Sprinkle immediately with candy bits from frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 36 poppers), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.