Happy Lion Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12
- 1 pouch Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Orange All Star™ Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 1 pouch Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Neon Yellow Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Neon Yellow Vanilla Flavored Frosting, divided
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting, divided
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Orange All Star™ Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- String licorice
- PREPARE orange cupcake & cake mix according to package directions using 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites to make 1 (8-inch) round cake. Prepare yellow cupcake & cake mix according to package directions using remaining 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites to make 12 cupcakes. Cool cake and cupcakes completely on wire rack.
- PLACE round cake in center of large serving platter. Frost top and sides with 1 cup neon yellow frosting. Arrange cupcakes in a circle around outside edge of cake. Place remaining yellow frosting in decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Spread 1 cup chocolate frosting in one half of separate decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Spread orange frosting on other half of same decorating bag. Pipe frostings onto cupcakes, varying colors occasionally, to resemble lion mane.
- PLACE remaining chocolate frosting in decorating bag fitted with medium round tip. Draw ears, eyebrows, eyes and nose onto cake to resemble a lion's face. Create mouth and whiskers with licorice. Add additional accents, as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 94g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 71g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.