Hazelnut Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant French vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT GANACHE
- 3/4 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk together flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add half the flour mixture, milk and remaining flour mixture, mixing after each addition just until blended.
- DIVIDE batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- WHISK instant pudding and half-and-half in large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate hazelnut spread and white baking chips in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- REMOVE paper liners from cupcakes. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread about 1 tablespooon filling on bottom halves. Gently frost tops with chocolate hazelnut frosting. Place frosted tops over filling and press gently. Let rest for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 12), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.