Hazelnut Boston Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 70 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant French vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT TOPPING
- 3/4 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round baking pans with waxed paper. Coat with baking spray with flour. Whisk together flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add half the flour mixture, milk and remaining flour mixture, mixing after each addition just until blended.
- DIVIDE batter evenly between cake pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Move to wire rack to cool completely.
- WHISK instant pudding and half-and-half in large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate hazelnut spread and white baking chips in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- SPREAD filling on top of first cake. Place second cake over filling and press gently. Gently frost top with chocolate hazelnut topping, allowing topping to run over edges. Let rest for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 39g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.