Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted whole hazelnuts, finely chopped*
- TIP *Toast hazelnuts in shallow pan at 350°F for 7 to 8 minutes or until skins begin to flake. Turn out onto towel. Rub to remove most of skins. Return nuts to pan. Toast 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Cool before using.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually stir in all-purpose flour and whole-wheat flour.
- STIR in chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.