Hearty Beef Stroganoff
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut in thin slices
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed onion soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Buttered noodles
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Coat meat strips evenly with flour mixture. Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes, until soft. Add beef strips and brown evenly on all sides. Add garlic. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- DRAIN mushrooms, reserving liquid. Add mushroom liquid, beef broth and onion soup to meat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir in mushrooms. Remove from heat.
- COMBINE sour cream and hot pepper sauce. Add in small amounts to meat in skillet, mixing well. Return to heat. Cook and stir over low heat until hot. Serve with buttered noodles. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 1050mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 43g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.