Herbed Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, dill and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in shredded cheese. Add milk. Stir just until dough holds together.
- PLACE dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly. Roll 3/4-inch thick. Cut dough with floured biscuit cutter without turning biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- CINNAMON BISCUITS: FOLLOW directions for Herbed Cheese Biscuits, omitting cheese and dill. Reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon and milk to 1/2 cup. Brush tops of biscuits with milk and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Bake as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.