- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar and milk in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- DROP level tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until set. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- SIFT powdered sugar over cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.