Holiday Spritz Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 7 dozen
- 2 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 8 drops green food color
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Garland Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Stir flour, salt and baking powder in medium bowl until well blended. Beat shortening, butter and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, almond extract and food color. Beat in flour mixture gradually until blended.
- FIT cookie press with Christmas tree or wreath plate according to manufacturer's instructions. Fill cookie press according to instructions. Press dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until set, but not brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE frosting in large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds to soften. Knead. Cut very small bottom corner off bag. Drizzle over cookies in a decorative pattern. Place candy bits from frosting in medium bowl. Hold cookie over bowl and sprinkle with candy bits. Let stand 15 minutes or until frosting is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 84 cookies), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.