Homemade Cheese Pizza
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 16 slices
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 1/4 cups hot water, (120° to 130°F)
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water and 3 tablespoons olive oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 2 to 3 minutes until smooth, adding additional flour as needed.
- PLACE oven rack on lowest position. Heat oven to 425°F. Coat 2 12-inch pizza pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Pat dough into prepared pans. Prick dough with fork. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let dough rise for 15 minutes.
- COMBINE remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil with garlic powder. Uncover dough. Brush crust with garlic oil mixture. Bake crust 5 minutes, remove from oven. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top each crust with half of the pizza sauce and half of the cheese mixture. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Italian seasoning if desired.
- CRISPIER CRUST: Prepare pizza as described above except substitute the dusting of 1 tablespoon corn meal on pans for cooking spray.
- PEPPERONI PIZZA: Place 3 ounces sliced pepperoni (36 slices) on each pizza before baking.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.