Homemade Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 4 dozen doughnuts
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 to 115ºF)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- SPRINKLE yeast over warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add sugar, salt, shortening and 1 1/2 cups flour. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Using a spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- TURN dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic. Spray a deep bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- HEAT shortening to 365ºF in deep saucepan or deep fryer.
- CUT yeast dough into 1-inch pieces; stretch pieces slightly. Fry in hot shortening 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- PLACE sugar and cinnamon in a paper or plastic bag. Add doughnuts; shake to coat. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 doughnut), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.