Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix
With a little prepreparation, you can keep homemade goodness at your fingertips. Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix lasts six weeks in the pantry and even longer in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 10 min
- Yield: 12 cups mix
- 10 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in 2 cups shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- STORE in covered container up to 6 weeks at room temperature. Freeze for longer storage.
RECIPES TO MAKE WITH HOMEMADE CRISCO QUICK BREAD MIX
- Honey Blueberry Bread
- Olive Quick Bread
- Nutty Applesauce Bread
- Blueberry Sugar Cakes
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Quick Muffins
- Quick Waffles
- Spicy Apple Muffins
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 60), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.