Homemade Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 13 1/2 cups mix
- 8 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- COMBINE flours, milk powder, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in covered container up to 6 weeks at room temperature.
- TIP To measure, stir mixture lightly. Spoon into measuring cup. Level.
- SPRAY griddle or skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat.
- BEAT together egg and water in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in 2 cups Homemade Crisco Whole Wheat Pancake Mix. Whisk until smooth.
- POUR 1/4-cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle to form 4-inch pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface. Continue to cook an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 pancake), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.