Honey Blueberry Bread
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Homemade Crisco® Quick Bread Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or dry-pack frozen blueberries, rinsed, drained
- Butter or cream cheese (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix, sugar, pecans, cinnamon and lemon peel in a large bowl.
- BEAT eggs, water and honey in small bowl. Add to Quick Bread mixture; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- COOL 10 minutes in pan on a rack. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack before slicing.
- SLICE bread with a serrated knife. Spread slices with butter or cream cheese, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.