Honey Oatmeal Chewies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/4 cups Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey, egg, milk and vanilla in medium bowl, beating at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in oats, coconut, raisins, nuts and wheat germ, if desired, with spoon.
- DROP rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 11 to 12 minutes for soft cookies, 13 to 14 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.