Honeyed Cream Cheese Pear Pie
- Prep Time: 55 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) package Neufchatel cheese (lighter cream cheese), softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium or 4 large firm, peeled, D'Anjou or Bartlett pears, cut into 16 slices each
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, adding cardamom to flour mixture if using, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions.
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- BEAT Neufchatel cheese at low speed of electric mixer until fluffy and smooth. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel and powdered sugar. Beat at low speed until blended. Cover. Refrigerate.
- COMBINE honey and 3 tablespoons lemon juice in small saucepan. Beat with fork until blended. Add raisins and 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
- PLACE pears in large bowl. Combine sugar, flour, ginger and salt. Add to pears. Toss to mix. Pour honey mixture over pears. Toss to mix.
- SPREAD cheese layer in unbaked pie crust. Spoon filling into pie crust. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BAKE at 425ºF 15 minutes. REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350ºF. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edge with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.