Hot and Hearty Calzones
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- COOK and stir onion, green pepper, red pepper and Italian dressing in large skillet over medium heat until crisp-tender. Stir in mustard. Remove from heat.
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water, 2 tablespoons oil and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Divide dough in half. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 400°F.
- COAT 17 x 11-inch baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Roll half the dough into 16 x 7-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Place on center of prepared baking sheet. Place overlapping slices of ham, salami and Swiss cheese lengthwise on dough. Spoon onion mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll other half of dough into 16 x 7-inch rectangle and place on top. Press edges together with fork to seal or crimp as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Cut in half lengthwise, then make 10 crosswise slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 calzone of 10), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 750mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.