- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 480 min
- Ready Time: 500 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 pounds beef chuck pot roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Hot cooked noodles
- COMBINE 1/3 cup flour, salt and pepper in resealable plastic bag. Add meat to flour mixture a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat.
- HEAT oil in skillet over medium heat. Add meat. Brown on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Stir in water, onion, ketchup, bouillon granules, paprika and bay leaves.
- COVER and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours. Increase temperature to HIGH. When mixture boils, remove bay leaves.
- COMBINE sour cream and 3 tablespoons flour. Slowly blend 1 cup of the hot cooking liquid into sour cream mixture. Return to hot mixture. Cook and stir till thickened. Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 910mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 39g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.