Hungarian Pork Dinner
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 pork shoulder chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium white potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup hot water
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Lightly spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick spray.
- MIX flour and lemon pepper seasoning in large plastic resealable bag. Add pork chops. Shake to coat. Heat oil in large skillet. Add pork chops and any remaining flour mixture. Brown over medium-high heat.
- COMBINE lemon peel, parsley flakes, caraway seed, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread half the potatoes in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the lemon peel mixture. Spread with remaining potatoes and remaining lemon peel mixture. Dissolve bouillon granules in hot water. Pour over potatoes. Place pork chops on top of potatoes. Cover pan with foil.
- BAKE 30 to 45 minutes or until pork chops are no longer pink and potatoes are tender.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 580mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 2g), Protein 44g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.