Hungry Jack Potato Pancakes
Made with potato flakes, these potato pancakes are much easier yet equally as delicious as the labor-intensive traditional recipe. Serve with applesauce and/or sour cream.
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 20 min
- Yield: 12 pancakes
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- HEAT griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (375°F). Combine flour, potato flakes, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs. Beat well. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until large lumps disappear (batter will be somewhat lumpy). Stir in carrot, if desired, and onion.
- SPRAY griddle with no-stick cooking spray. For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle. Turn when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 pancake of 12), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.