- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 120 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 cup carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 cup turnips, cut into cubes
- 3 cups potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
STOVE TOP METHOD
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add lamb pieces and toss until coated. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is tender. Add thyme and rosemary. Cover with boiling water. Cook over medium-low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- ADD carrots, turnips, potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
- COAT slow cooker with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add lamb pieces and toss until coated. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Add 1 cup water, garlic, onion, thyme, rosemary, carrots, turnips, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- COVER and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.