Irresistible Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced sweet apples (about 2 lbs. or 6 medium), such as Gala or Jonathan varieties
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 400°F.
- TOSS apples and orange juice in large bowl. Combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Toss with apples until coated. Spoon into unbaked pie shell. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Cover top with sheet of foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE 40 minutes. Remove foil. Brush with milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake an additional 10 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender and filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool pie to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 32g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.