Island Ginger Snaps
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- HEAT oven 375°F.
- BEAT shortening, molasses, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer until blended and creamy. Combine remaining ingredients except coconut; slowly beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- DROP batter by rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets before transferring cookies to racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.