Italian Lemon Drop Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup warm milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Add shortening. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until shortening is completely blended into flour mixture. Add milk, egg and lemon extract, mixing just until blended.
- ROLL dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack.
- For frosting, BEAT powdered sugar, shortening, 2 tablespoons warm milk and lemon extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in additional warm milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency. Spread on top of cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.