Italian Sausage and Pasta in Basil Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 3/4 cups uncooked gemelli pasta (12 oz.)
- 1 pound bulk spicy Italian pork sausage
- 1 can Progresso® Recipe Starters® creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 5 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil (from 8 oz. jar)
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking into 3/4-inch pieces, or until no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir cooking sauce, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with wire whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thick and bubbly. Stir in sausage. Wipe out skillet.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add arugula and sun-dried tomatoes; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until arugula is wilted. Stir into sausage mixture.
- Toss cooked pasta with sausage mixture, adding reserved cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce is of desired consistency.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Progresso® and Recipe Starters® are registered trademarks of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 570 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 21g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.