It's a Peach of a Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- OR 4 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 fresh peach, sliced, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- PLACE blueberries in large bowl. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in small bowl. Mix gently with blueberries. Let stand while preparing crust.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Reserve pastry scraps.
- HEAT oven to 450ºF.
- PLACE peach slices in bottom of unbaked pie crust. Spoon in blueberry mixture. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Reserve pastry scraps. Cut out desired shapes from pastry scraps. Place on top crust. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- BRUSH top crust with egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake an additional 45 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.