Jammin' Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 90 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 6-8
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3 carrots, cleaned and sliced on a diagonal
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Concord Grape Jam
- OR Smucker’s® Natural Concord Grape Fruit Spread
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth or water
- 6 new potatoes (3/4 lb.) quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
STOVE TOP METHOD
- SPRAY a 4 1/2 quart Dutch oven with no-stick cooking spray. Place meat in pot.
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in small bowl. Toss meat with flour mixture to coat evenly. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, if desired, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, grape jam, broth or water. Mix to combine ingredients.
- BRING to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, simmering 30 minutes more or until meat and potatoes are fork-tender. Remove bay leaves. Add chopped parsley, stirring to combine gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
- SPRAY slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray. Place meat in slow cooker.
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in small bowl. Toss meat with flour mixture to coat evenly. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, grape jam, broth or water and potatoes. Mix to combine ingredients.
- COVER and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours) or until meat is fork-tender. Remove bay leaves. Add chopped parsley, stirring to combine gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 0.2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1050mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 12g), Protein 36g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.