Kentucky Oatmeal-Jam Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 24 pecan halves (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, jam, egg, buttermilk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture. Beat at low speed until blended. Stir in oats, raisins and chopped nuts.
- DROP 2 tablespoonfuls of dough in a mound on baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Top each with pecan half, if desired.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 20mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.