Key Lime Torte with Pineapple-Ricotta Filling
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups water
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting, divided
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Fresh lime slices (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round baking pans with baking spray with flour. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Add water to pineapple juice to measure a total of 1 cup.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using pineapple juice mixture, oil and eggs. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT ricotta cheese, frosting and reserved pineapple in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- LEVEL cake layers by removing rounded tops with serrated knife. Split both each cake layer horizontally to create 4 thin layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/4 of filling mixture to within 1/4-inch of edge. Repeat layers three times, ending with filling mixture on top of cake. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and lime slices, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of torte), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 34g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.