Lattice-Top Blueberry Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- OR 5 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Divide almost in half. Roll out larger half and place in 9-inch pie pan. Trim edge to 1/2-inch beyond rim. Heat oven to 400°F.
- RINSE and drain blueberries. Put into a bowl. Toss lightly with sugar, flour, salt and lemon peel. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Drizzle lemon juice over filling. Dot with butter.
- ROLL out remaining pastry. Cut into strips about 1/2-inch wide. Place 4 to 5 strips across filling in pie shell. Angle 4 to 5 strips across first ones. Weave strips in crisscross fashion to form lattice top. Trim ends. Fold trimmed edge of lower crust over ends of strips. Seal and flute.
- BAKE 55 minutes until crust is golden. Cool on rack.
- SERVE with scoops of ice cream or dollops of whipped cream, if desired.
- TIP *If using frozen blueberries, increase flour to 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 35g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.