Lemon Almond Biscotti
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 24 biscotti
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Lemon Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- PLACE cake mix in large bowl. Add melted shortening, eggs, water and almonds to cake mix. Stir with wooden spoon (batter will be stiff). Work dough with hands until cake mix is totally absorbed. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 9 x 3-inch loaf on cookie sheet.
- BAKE 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Cut each loaf into 3/4-inch slices. Lay slices on sides on cookie sheet. Bake an additional 8 minutes. Turn biscotti to other side. Bake 7 minutes more. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes.
- PLACE frosting in a quart-size resealable food storage bag. Microwave on HIGH 8 seconds; knead. Cut a small opening off corner. Squeeze bag to drizzle frosting over biscotti.
- LEMON POPPY SEED BISCOTTI: Use 1 teaspoon poppy seeds in place of sliced almonds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscotti of 24), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.