Lemon Almond Semolina Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup blanched sliced almonds, 1/2 cup ground into meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with no-stick baking spray with flour. Whisk flours, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon peel in small bowl until evenly mixed.
- MIX oil and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture becomes lighter and sugar is dissolved. Mix in flour mixture, milk, vanilla, and almond extract on low speed until all flour mixture is blended in (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- For Syrup: COMBINE sugar, honey and lemon juice in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until sugar is dissolved and mixture has thinned, about 5 minutes. Drizzle half of syrup over top of cake, sprinkle with remaining almonds and drizzle with remaining syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 39g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.