Lemon Angel Dessert
Just the thing for a spring celebration, this angel food cake holds a surprise inside: creamy lemon filling and a medley of berries.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury® Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- OR 1 (8- to 9-inch) angel food cake
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or chopped strawberries
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or strawberries for garnish (optional)
- PREPARE and bake cake mix according to package directions; cool.
- CUT 2-inch thick layer horizontally off top of cake with serrated knife; lift off top and set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of cake with fork, leaving 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick shell on bottom and sides.
- STIR together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in medium bowl until thickened. Spoon into cake shell. Spoon 1 1/2 cups berries over sweetened condensed milk mixture; replace cake top.
- CHILL, covered, at least 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with additional berries, if desired.
- TIP Use a serrated knife to slice the filled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of cake), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 54g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.