Lemon Angel Roll
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 (4 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 flaked coconut, tinted yellow, if desired
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil, extending foil 1-inch over ends of pan.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Turn cake immediately onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off foil; beginning at narrow end, roll up cake with towel, jellyroll-fashion. Cool thoroughly.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired, in medium bowl; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- UNROLL cake; trim edges. Spread with half the lemon filling; reroll. Place on serving plate, seam-side down; spread remaining filling over roll. Garnish with coconut. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- TIP To tint coconut: Combine coconut, 1/2 teaspoon water and 2 drops yellow food coloring in small plastic bag or bowl; shake or mix well.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 58g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.