Lemon Crumb Bars
These refreshing lemon bars will delight kids of all sizes and are a great addition to your cookie collections. Bake a batch for a spring celebration, a summer picnic or family outing.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix, or Yellow Cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix, butter and 1 egg in large bowl with electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cracker crumbs. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- BEAT sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and 3 egg yolks in small bowl with mixer or wire whisk. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- BAKE an additional 20 minutes or until set and top is golden. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 bars), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.