Lemon Muffin Cake
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Lemon Poppy Seed Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg, separated, reserving egg white for topping
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray bottom only of a 9-inch ceramic quiche pan or round cake pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, sour cream, milk, 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk in large bowl; stir 50 to 75 strokes until dry ingredients are moistened. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- COMBINE reserved egg white and water in small bowl; beat until well mixed. Brush over top of batter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar. Discard any remaining egg white mixture.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of cake), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.