Lemon Pecan Crisps
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Lemon Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Add water, egg and 1 cup chopped pecans, mixing on low speed, until dough comes together. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Spray bottom of a cup with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2 inches in diameter.
- COMBINE sugar and 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in a small bowl. Brush tops of dough with egg white. Sprinkle with pecan-sugar mixture.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 crisp), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.