Lemon Snow Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Lemon Curd, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Lemon slices and fresh mint leaves (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large mixing bowl at low speed of electric mixer until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- BAKE 34 to 37 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- PLACE bottom layer on cake plate. Spread 2/3 cup lemon curd over cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Beat whipping cream in small chilled bowl on low speed of electric mixer until cream begins to thicken. Beat on high until soft peaks form. Add remaining lemon curd and blend on low speed until stiff peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake with whipped cream mixture.
- SPRINKLE coconut on sides of cake. Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- TIP To toast coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, tossing the coconut with a fork every 30 seconds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 34g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.