- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 16 squares
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT flour, brown sugar and shortening in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add milk. Mix until even crumbs form. Pat into prepared pan.
- BAKE 16 minutes.
- COMBINE eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon peel and lemon juice in medium bowl of electric mixer at medium high speed. Beat 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust.
- BAKE for 25 minutes or until firm in center when touched. Cool. Cut into 1 1/2-squares. Sift powdered sugar over squares just before serving.
- TIP For Lime Squares, substitute limes for lemon juice and lemon peel.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 16), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.