Lemon Tea Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 3 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Granulated sugar
- MIX flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Cream butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar in large bowl. Blend in oil, eggs, lemon peel and lemon extract. Stir in flour mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 to 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Remove cookies from pan immediately. Cool on wire rack.
- LEMON CRISPS: Follow recipe above, except shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten to 1/16-inch thickness with sugar-dipped glass. Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.