Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (6 oz.) container lemon yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Spray a 10-inch tube or fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake ingredients in bowl of electric mixer at low speed. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake 15 minutes in pan on a rack. Remove from pan.
- COMBINE lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Brush over warm cake (the glaze will be thin and absorbed into cake).
- COOL completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.