Lemonade Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 16 chicken wings, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooked rice
- REMOVE wing tips from chicken, if desired.
- COMBINE flour, lemon pepper and salt in large plastic resealable food storage bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir wings in 2 batches about 5 to 7 minutes per batch until golden. Place in 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan. Combine lemon juice, honey and water. Pour over chicken.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Remove from oven, turn wings over. Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 790 (Calories from Fat 360), Total Fat 41g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 41g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.