Lemony Blueberry Coffeecake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, well drained
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- PROCESS oats in blender or food processor about 1 minute, stopping occasionally to stir. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and lemon peel in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg whites just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 27 minutes. Cool slightly.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl. Drizzle over coffeecake. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare batter as directed for coffeecake. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Prepare frosting. Drizzle over slightly cooled muffins. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.